Designing Logo

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

On a computer, draw in Illustrator or Corel too. The inspirations can be some PC games, nature, animations. You can always see what othe work, and create your vision, but not copy.

#82 gezwaters

gezwaters

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I used to draw directly on the computer. But now I find I come up with better results after sketching ideas down on paper. Also it's good to get away from the computer sometimes!

#83 ToniBigT

ToniBigT

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

I completely agree with you :D

#84 Airb0rn

Airb0rn

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

I make sketches then i take a photo of the best logo and i import it on photoshop for draw it on vector (i'm french, be indulgent ;) )

#85 Mabding

Mabding

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

It seems that sketching is the most important part ..
But you need Inspiration before all ..

#86 Guest_mv777_*

Guest_mv777_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Reading design books helps a lot. Browsing google for designs gives you a needed mileage.

There is something you should have in mind: master the design, but don't forget that CHs are not master designers, so they usually choose cliches and bad designs.

#87 MaxDesigner

MaxDesigner

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sometimes I do sketch on paper first, Most of the time start from the Computer. In both ways creative thinking is the main Key to make the work original and attractive....

#88 KevinsRevenge

KevinsRevenge

Banned

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

i do both of them. :)

#89 HAZZ

HAZZ

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

thinking ,,, thinking ,,, thinking only thinking

#90 uzmasgh

uzmasgh

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

its easy to draw all ur ideas. on paper first then draw on corel draw. it save ur time and energy

#91 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

sometime draw logo on paper and transport to monitor in Illustrator or Corel Draw, sometime automatically draw on vector programs. If the idea is bed, sit to thinking about that, draw and draw to final product:).

#92 heso

heso

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

The very first thing I do is research as much as I can about the company. Who they are, what they do, history, competitors, industry, any and all information I can find about them.

Then I head to the computer and type out the name of the company. Initial Caps, ALL CAPS, lower case. Then, if there are multiple words, I type the initials in upper and lower case. C&P all of that a few times and then set it in a few different fonts (serif, sans, slab, and a few of each of those).

Then I just sit back and look at the screen. Look at the words. Analyze the letterforms, the shapes of each letter and how they interact. Get a feel for how the negative space fits the word. After I look at them for a good while I usually just get up and take a walk to let the shapes swim around in my head for a while. When I get back I look at the letters again.

After that it just depends on what I find and what the client wants. Sometimes I sketch, sometimes I get right into the computer.

#93 BenONE37

BenONE37

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

Each job is different for me. Sometimes I found I need to sketch out my ideas first, but other times I find that ideas only come when I playing around with a specific font directly on the computer.

#94 orideas

orideas

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

It all starts with thinking. Next step - ideas on the paper. Sketching on paper is rest from the computer. But this is not always the case. Each by herself.

#95 newwerk

newwerk

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hey, wanted to use the thread to ask something close to the original question : What is exactly your workflow as you're creating a logo?

I read that some of you sketch it on paper, some directly on the computer. I'm in the second group - I sketch everything in Photoshop as I'm used to its interface. Is it yet acceptable to post an entry, made in Photoshop? I mean, i do the product with the idea in mind if it needs to be vector or not. And after the idea (the logo) is approved, I quickly redraw it in Illustrator. However I'm not sure that this workflow is acceptable at all. So the question is do you make the print-ready final vector file before you even post your entry for approval?

Edited by newwerk, 07 August 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#96 prabhuganga

prabhuganga

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

I make a small sketch first....a rough one....
with that in front of me,I'd go straight to Illustrator...
it is better to have made a sketch or reference since it lets you work faster without confusion(you'll have an idea already on paper)
then improvise...

#97 newwerk

newwerk

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thanks prabhuganga, that's what i was asking. So in fact, you post your logo when it's print-ready?

#98 friendnand

friendnand

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

i sometimes do it directly on computer, but i prefer pencil & paper first.

#99 friendnand

friendnand

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

sketch & scan :)

#100 PASTEXPIRYcom

PASTEXPIRYcom

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

I like step 8 the best.