reflection photography

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Are they always given by CH? IS it possible tat CH picks only a winner of gold and doesnt award silver&bronze?

#2 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

This has happened to me in 2 contests in the last 2 days:

Logo for a Mobile Application
and
Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals

I think the medals will be awarded but admin has to sort it out manually.

#3 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

@GJR I think that Stay Alferd dont have a silver and bronze medals cos all entries are rated with 100 points and same is with mobile app - 3 entries are rated with 75

#4 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

btw. I liked your stay alfred logo more then winning one :)

#5 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

@GJR I think that Stay Alferd dont have a silver and bronze medals cos all entries are rated with 100 points and same is with mobile app - 3 entries are rated with 75

Thanks for that info Operhal. I'm sure i've seen contests with multiple silver medals awarded, do you know if these will be awarded eventually or if there is no hope at all?

I'm not concerned about the medals myself but I think it does look good to a CH if the designer they like has a host of medals so it would be nice to get em!

#6 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

btw. I liked your stay alfred logo more then winning one :)

Thanks! :)

#7 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for that info Operhal. I'm sure i've seen contests with multiple silver medals awarded, do you know if these will be awarded eventually or if there is no hope at all?

I'm not concerned about the medals myself but I think it does look good to a CH if the designer they like has a host of medals so it would be nice to get em!

There is no hope I guess :) Yes i saw max 3 silver but in alfred case it should be 10 or more and I never saw that :)
I get what you want to say, it is nice to have a medals - and client is happier when see designers with plenty medals in designers portfolio..but as far as I know medals goes automatically and moderators dont award designers with silver and bronze. :)

(sorry for my bad english) :)

#8 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll forget about these and work on winning some more!

BTW, Your English is very good!

#9 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

thanks for your answers :) when it comes to stay alfred - the n-th case when ch changes his mind in last moment (wants everyone to compose sign hirizontally with typo, eliminates most of designs that are centered, each designer does horizontal logo, then chooses sth centered, eghh). anyway, your entries were very good guys :)

#10 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

That is a right attitude! :cool:

#11 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

@indreamo, yeah! at the end become a strange - now you have 100points and then you are eliminated :) I guess client wasn't knew what he/she wants and when it saw it he/she like it. But is was ok overall - client choose a winner right after contest is over. I like that :)

btw. you logo was great too :cool:

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals has medals now

Logo for a Mobile Application has medals now

Like us on facebook

#13 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

@indreamo - it was a very strange contest. I liked your entry too!

@Operhal - I think you at least deserved some points out of the "Strange Alfred" contest :(

@Sharie - Thank You.

#14 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Indreamo - what font were you using - was it FF Cocon?

Edited by GJR, 01 October 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#15 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

@indreamo
i just visit u-play contest and i just have too say that I really like your logo!! maybe your purple color on 'P' is too dominant compered with other colors you used - but very nice concept! :cool:

#16 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

@GRJ
Probably :) now i just get minus points cos i was eliminated :) (i think i get that info somewhere on forum)

#17 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hi guys! omg sorry i havent replied to your massages, but i totally forgot aboput this thread.

@GJRDesign - yes, it was Cocon.
@ Operhal - thanks for U-Play. I wonder if CH remembers about this contest..

I wanted to reply to you in Health Nut but I noticed that just before it was closed and i was still working on new concept, so Im replying here. I used in logo one font same as you, but the other was different, so I thought its alright. So the only thing that was similar between our entries was half of wordmark (we had different colors)- we had totally different sign concepts and font used for the rest of words in logo. Besides CH posted a couple of comments that they like your fonts and asked other designers to use them, then i decided to use only one of them. Is that copying?

That is what happened to me in Stay Alfred contest - CH asked everyone to use font from my design and everyone did. Is it forbidden? Is the font reserved for the one that used it first? For me its OK if it was like this, I would respect any rule that is stated here. But what to do when CH asks do use font that was already used by someone else?

I really don't understand what precisely is considered to be copying, everyone says sth different. I'll be grateful if someone could explain it to me precisely.

Anyway, if you felt like I was copying your ideas (which I really didnt mean to), I'm really sorry for that.

#18 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thanks!

I used the overused Harabara :)

I have a lack of imagination.

#19 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

haha, harabara is ok! kind of long-life one ;) you have no lack of imagination, c'mon! :)

#20 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

@Sharie, there are silver and bronze medals missing in Air Rec Center indoor bike park.
Will they be awarded?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reflection photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users