New look of DC (some bugs)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

We can't withdraw our entries. The trash-icon doesn't work. It shows popup window to confirm deleting but after page refreshes the entry stays without changing. Moreover now we can't withdraw entries with medals (gold/silver/bronze). At least I can't figure out how.

Please advise.

#2 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

More bugs:
+ can't edit the message I posted above (save/cancel buttons don't work)
+ broken links for the top menu (contest/one-on-one/finances/portfolio). Missing the designer's id.
+ blog's comment system doesn't work. After submitting message, error message (sorry, don't remember what error exactly)
+ in one-on-one dropdown menu -> completed contests I see the wrong contest/s. Anyway, the drop down links look weird for me.

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

thanks a lot for the reports! We'll do our best to fix the bugs shortly.

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

by the way, this is not new, it has always been the case that you cannot withdraw designs with medals.

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Thanx for your feedback!

#6 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

I have noticed that when you click on "Browse Contest" and then it is on All Categories. If you try to click on a contest it just takes you to the main page. And not the actual contest page.

#7 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

I was browsing thru my portfolio. And I was clicking on my designs that I've won and I noticed that in the contest overview that it was saying someone else won the contest. But it was actually I who won. And When you scroll over the winning design it shows my design.

Safety mascot

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Squewheet, I have not been able to recreate the bug where the links in contest list don't work. For me everything seems to be ok. Could you please provide some more information? Are you looking at the page while logged in? What browser are you using?

As for the winning designs that don't display correctly, we are working on it and it will be fixed soon.

#9 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

No, I was able to withdraw entries with medals before, especially silver/bronze. I'd love to see this function again. I don't understand why I can't withdraw my own entries which didn't win. I can use them in other projects.

#10 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Moreover, if you take a glance to the code, there is a form block in bronze/silver entries:
<CODE>

<span class="medalsilver"></span>

<form class="withdraw" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="chaction" value="withdraw">
<input type="hidden" name="entry" value="143384">
<input type="submit" class="deleteShot" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to withdraw this picture?');" value="">
</form><CODE>

A short span tag overlaps the withdraw option. You can see the part of the trash can behind the silver/bronze medal. So it's not true that we had not that option :) I withdrew silver entry several weeks ago, it was Commodity Services & Solution contest.

:)

In general, the new look is great, but heavily modified engine of the forum is too buggy. Sorry :) I assume that if you guys made so many core modifications you have a problem with core updates of the engine.

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

that's reasonable. we'll look into that.

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

eximius, yes, bugs do appear. we are focused on the contest functionality right now to make sure they work smoothly but we will be fixing all the bugs that we can find including the forums.

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

just checking - does it work well now?

#14 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hello,
Since the focus is on contests' functionality , i have this big problem at work computer!! in ie7 i see contest page as plain text & no entries appears at ALL.
in firefox still text ..but then i can see the entries randomly in the page!!

One more thing (NOT a bug though) but please bring back the (Name) cretiria in contests.. so the CH insert the actual name of thier project instead of designers looking all over the brief to find it (if it's obvious).

Thank you

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users