Photoshop Vs Illustrator

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 MediaDesign

MediaDesign

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I use Cinema 4D for modeling, mainly for 3D visualisation, characters etc. For animation I use Maya, basically because the community is larger. You can use any 3D program for Logo-Design, however if you need to have a vector graphic at the end, you need to recreate the 3D logo in illustrator. Eigher way designing in a 3D software opens new ways in logo creation, regarding the Rio 2016 logo, which in my opinion is a cool logo, but looks like a condom.

By the way, comparing with Maya or Cinema Illustrator is crap. You can't have a history on objects or work with instances for example.

Edited by MediaDesign, 23 July 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#62 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

I use Cinema 4D for modeling, mainly for 3D visualisation, characters etc. For animation I use Maya, basically because the community is larger. You can use any 3D program for Logo-Design, however if you need to have a vector graphic at the end, you need to recreate the 3D logo in illustrator. Eigher way designing in a 3D software opens new ways in logo creation, regarding the Rio 2016 logo, which in my opinion is a cool logo, but looks like a condom.

By the way, comparing with Maya or Cinema Illustrator is crap. You can't have a history on objects or work with instances for example.

I don't really use modeling software very much, but I would first create the logo in Illustrator and then export the paths to C4D instead of the other way around. But it sounds like your background is 3D modeling so that makes sense for you.

Off-topic but what do you think of 3DS?

#63 MediaDesign

MediaDesign

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Definitivly, first you create the paths in Illustrator and import them into C4D. Then you extrude and design etc and recreate the rendered image in Illustrator.

I don't really know 3DS Max, but I would recommend it for modeling or maybe also for effects animation like fumeFX. The modeling features in Maya are a bit clumsy but I haven't tried out Maya 2014 yet. C4D is great for boolean modeling and modeling in general.

#64 matthewdownton

matthewdownton

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

im new to this designing have only found a real interest recently and i must say i like both i use ai for designing logo and photoshop for colours

#65 benjokoren

benjokoren

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think that illustrator is more practical for logos and vector graphics. Photoshop is really powerful but more useful when used for architectural and design renderings used afted 3D max or sketcup with vray.
Only my opinion, bye!

#66 erkou

erkou

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

It depends on your need dude... I love them both.. Combine both and become awesome!

#67 lien

lien

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Really depends on what you are doing.
You can't really hand in a photoshop file to a customer wanting a logo.
He/she would be stuck with that size you made it in or smaller, and pixelated aswell.
An illustrator file would give so many more options for the customer on what to do with it. Re-size, copy and paste etc without losing any of the quality.
Photoshop though, is my go-to for manipulations and to play with images etc.
Both equally fun and enjoyable for their own purpose!

#68 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Both are Excellent I love PS & Illustrator.

#69 Sandar

Sandar

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I prefer illustrator but photoshop is good. :))

#70 kgb

kgb

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

photoshop

#71 biili

biili

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Well when we talking about vectorial materials i use illustrator and in the rest i prefer photoshop :p

#72 stikyo

stikyo

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Photoshop Vs Illustrator, which is best?

Photo editing, webdesign, web elements design: Photoshop
Logo design, illustrations, print: Illustrator.

Of course, both capable of making print or webdesign, but illustrator has more advantages of print, while PS got more adv. in making webdesign.

#73 joelfriedline

joelfriedline

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

How is illustrator with colors and color mixing?

#74 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

How is illustrator with colors and color mixing?

Color mixing is non-existent in Illustrator unless you use blending modes or overprinting. I think that is what you are asking :confused:

#75 chritzign

chritzign

Banned

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I like both of it! I prefer making logos in adobe illustrator rather than photoshop.

#76 DenisBrz

DenisBrz

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

They're both very good but they are used for slightly different things. Photoshop is best used for image manipulation effects, red eye removals etc. Illustrator is used to create vector graphics from scratch as it uses mathematical equastions to scale the image. Photoshop uses pixels that pixelate images

#77 aur3lDESIGN

aur3lDESIGN

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

illustrator

#78 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

The sentence "Photoshop Vs Illustrator" is strange. You can "Vss" Photoshop with Illustrator. They are different programs for different graphic design purposes.

For all newbies here please read carefully: https://www.designco...s-a-vector-file for this issue, and https://www.designco...g-for-a-contest for general information about designing for a contest.

#79 Ondine

Ondine

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

As others have said, both programs serve different purposes, so it's hard to compare them in terms of quality (they both do what they do extremely well). However, I find I have the most fun in Photoshop -- my workflow is faster, so it's a lot easier for me to get my ideas on the screen. I'm newer to Illustrator, though, so I'm hoping I'll get to that same degree of design happiness in time.

#80 ozmawizard

ozmawizard

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

yeah... i agree with that... Ai is best for logo designing coz of its vector functionality but also Ps is good too in the sense of inking,coloring,picture editiing etc.. most of all web layouting.. but for me this two adobe products are both coequal , coequal of power and priorities but different in goal, different in outcome but same great apps. Ai + Ps + a cup of coffee = great delight .o_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users